In an industry with a heavy drinking culture, what does a great alcohol-free event look like?
Creative industries work hard and play hard – often at the same time. Launches bleed into drinks, bleed into kick-ons, foment relationships both personal and profession. As Ben Eltham wrote for Artshub in 2014, bar sales subsidise a huge amount of cultural activity, from small music venues to major performing arts spaces. For independent artists, alcohol sponsorship is seen as an invaluable way to draw a curious crowd to a new show, screening venue, or launch.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today