Results from the National Arts Survey show artists are focused on getting noticed, building audiences and making a living.
Artists are not airhead creatives. The modern Australian artist is very aware that he or she needs to survive in an industry, to mediate complex funding and earning opportunities, to be part of a broad social discourse and to contribute to the community.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today
Last year ArtsHub surveyed some of our members about the greatest challenges they face on both a local and national level and the changes they would like to see to improve their lives as artists and the arts sector generally. About 200 respondents gave more than 2,000 responses, ideas and suggestions, which were presented to the National Arts Summit in Canberra this week.