Artists are swapping the garden tools and the station wagon for frames and canapés to convert their garage into a low cost gallery space.
BOOKISH (2013) at Marrickville Garage. Image:Paul Borderi via Marrickville Garage Facebook
Pull up most garage roller doors and you'll find a car or two, and insurmountable piles of stuff. But in a bid to lower costs and make the most of underutilised space, thrifty artists are ditching the cars to exhibit art.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today