An analysis of Australian theatre programs shows waning Australian drama premieres, especially in state theatre companies.
Lally Katz's Stories I Want to Tell You in Person; image via Malthouse Theatre
Australian theatres still shy away from new Australian work on main stages and rarely revive the work of Australian playwrights, except for a few chosen authors ‘produced obsessively over and over again’.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today