Australians no longer need to look overseas to build an arts career but it remains a temptation and a challenge.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today
Image via clevertravelling.com
The idea of building a career as an international artist is irresistible to some, terrifying to others. What lies in wait on the other side of the ocean? Great opportunities, eager collectors and fame; or useless struggles, misery and shame? Will there be enough space in the art scene for newcomers overseas? Will the market be more competitive? And most importantly – is doing something drastic like moving out of Australia the only choice?