Filmmaker Markus Stone looks at how to film without a crew by assembling a mobile travel kit of cameras, lights and sound equipment.
There's something strangely fitting about writing this from seat 21C of a 737 at 40,000 feet. You'll notice the seat number is not in the hallowed sub-12 row numbers and with good reason. Filmmakers travelling Business Class have crews, whereas solo shooters are the crew, typically doing low budget documentary or corporate work.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today