Monash is a culturally diverse community in Melbourne's south east suburbs and is home to more than 200,000 residents.
Our City covers 81.5 square kilometres and includes the suburbs of Ashwood, Clayton, Glen Waverley, Hughesdale, Huntingdale, Mount Waverley, Mulgrave, Notting Hill, Oakleigh, Oakleigh East, and Wheelers Hill. Parts of Chadstone, Burwood and Oakleigh South are also included in Monash.
We are one of Victoria’s leading councils, serving a large, established community and we provide a wide range of services to our residents.
Our vision for Monash:
An inviting city, diverse and alive with activity, designed for a bright future where the community is actively encouraged to participate in the cultural, social, environmental and economic growth of our City.
Making a difference through commitment, expertise and leadership.
- Accountability - We are responsible for our actions and behaviours every day.
- Respect - We value diversity and appreciate others.
- Teamwork - We work collaboratively to achieve shared goals.
Our Key Directions:
- A liveable and sustainable City
- Inviting open and urban spaces
- An inclusive community
- Responsive and efficient services.