Click on any image to view slide show
Formed in 1990 in response to the changing environment for cultural organisations, Positive Solutions has developed into a highly specialised and client focused company serving non-profit, Government and commercial clients, operating from our office in Brisbane, Australia. Positive Solutions has successfully completed projects for hundreds of clients in Australia, the UK, Hong Kong and New Zealand including:
- strategic research projects and cultural policy development for Federal and State Governments
- cultural facilities planning and feasibility studies, particularly for public performing arts facilities, museums and cultural precincts
- business planning for cultural organisations and major cultural facilities
- public art and curatorial strategies for major institutions and cultural precincts
- governance training and organisational development for a large range of not for profit organisations
Positive Solutions is distinguished by four factors:
- Our specialism in the cultural and non profit sectors - our consultants are drawn from these sectors and our expertise supplemented by the skills of a range of project partners, all specialists in their own fields.
- Our experience - we have successfully completed projects for hundreds of clients, in the UK, Australia and elsewhere, including strategic research projects, policy development, market research, business planning, training and organisational review and development.
- Our careful project planning - all our projects are characterised by thorough pre-planning in close consultation with the client, to ensure that objectives and outcomes are clearly understood, and that our research and consulting processes are appropriate.
- Our dedication to practical results - we place the highest value on delivering action-oriented recommendations and implementation plans.
Our research projects have ranged from Federal or State industry mapping, to research commissioned to inform an individual organisation's strategic planning. In each case we devise the research processes and tools in close consultation with the client. These may include depth interviews, postal or telephone surveys, focus groups or other mechanisms. Whatever the technique, client feedback is sought to ensure that key issues and questions are addressed effectively. We work to ensure that our analysis is focused on the practical use of the results to inform policy, to assist with decision-making, or to enhance industry knowledge.
BoardConnect is an initiative of Brisbane-based consultancy company, Positive Solutions, and is currently co-funded by the Queensland Government through Arts Queensland.
Governance and board development issues remain significant and challenging for many not-for-profit (and commercial) organisations.
Board and Committee members are asked to take on a big responsibility. They do it because of their interest in the arts or community activity, and because they believe it will be a rewarding and stimulating experience. But their arrival in the boardroom can throw up many questions. Even for seasoned board members, the details of the role can be far from clear.
What are my responsibilities? How will I make a real difference for the organisation? How will I know if I am being effective?
BoardConnect seeks to address these questions by providing accessible, proactive support.