Click on any image to view slide show
Corrugated Iron is the premier youth arts organisation in the Top End. Currently in its 27th year of operation, we provide innovative and challenging performing arts experiences that express the diversity of young people living in the Northern Territory. Corrugated Iron acknowledges the importance of its role in providing not only the initial sparks to invigorate creative impulses in young people, but to continue supporting individuals through mentoring options, skills development and training, and real opportunities for young people to be drivers of meaningful artistic outcomes.
Our vision is to provide and facilitate quality performing arts experiences for Darwin’s young people. We aim to:
• Expose young people to the arts as audience, participants and performers
• Develop young people’s life skills, artistic skills and confidence through an arts medium
• Provide an outlet for young people’s voice and an opportunity for peer interaction
• Promote positive community perceptions of young people and the arts
Corrugated Iron works in the following areas:
• Support & Advocacy - providing advice and support to emerging and professional artists, and linking in with other agencies and service providers to create and support artistic opportunities for young people
• Organisational Development including operating systems, professional development, partnerships and long term development
• Indigenous Arts Program - generating projects, providing skills, development workshops and contracting artists to work with other agencies working with Indigenous young people
• Skills & professional development - Workshops are the entry point for many young people into arts experiences. Term based workshops include circus and drama classes for people aged 6 – adult. One off workshops can include clowning workshops, playwriting, film and new media training and more. With no formal performing arts training in Darwin, Corrugated Iron can provide significant professional development options for freelance artists, company professionals, school based teachers and university students.
• Performance Outcomes include productions [theatre, mixed performing arts, and circus], community performances [at festivals and community events], one-off events [comedy nights] and interactive opportunities [such as Snap It Up Children’s Festival].
• Corrugated Iron contracts and employs many local, independent professional artists throughout the full yearly program. A substantial list of artists, actors, circus artists, dancers, playwrights, choreographers, puppeteers, designers, musicians, multi media artists, technicians, directors, lighting and sound professionals, and independent consultants are linked in with Corrugated Iron to work on each project.
Join Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Twitter