ABOUT ILBIJERRI THEATRE COMPANY
The longest established First Nations Theatre Company in Australia, ILBIJERRI creates, presents and tours powerful and engaging theatre by First Nations artists that gives voice to our cultures. ILBIJERRI is committed to growing a sustainable and vibrant First Nations arts ecology, and is investing in the next generation of First Nations theatre makers and industry professionals. With nearly 30 years of passionate work behind us, ILBIJERRI continues to bring the brilliance and sophistication of bold, black voices to audiences from country halls to the big stages of the world.
To read more about ILBIJERRI’s work, Mission and Values visit our website at Ilbijerri.com.au
- Developing, managing and implementing effective marketing, communications and digital strategies for ILBIJERRI in order to promote our vision, programs and identity
- Engage, retain and build audiences, participants and supporters
- Identifying, securing and successfully maintaining and developing funding and philanthropic partners
- Developing and managing a membership, donor and major gifts strategy
Fundraising and Relationship Management
- Directly approach, solicit and secure partnerships with government, private and philanthropic organisations, and individual donors
- Develop and deliver an annual Membership, Partnerships Plan, Donor Program and fundraising campaigns
- Maintain strong relationships with key partners who support the company’s vision and work
- Implement and manage opening nights, launches and other events for ILBIJERRI’s key stakeholders, community members and philanthropic partners
- Lead the development and implementation of ILBIJERRI’s marketing, communications and digital strategy, brand identity including website, social media and production campaigns
- Manage and mentor an emerging First Nation’s marketing coordinator
- Develop and implement organisational and project marketing, promotional and publicity plans and campaigns
- Liaise with and coordinate third party and external marketing partners and contractors
- Undertake market research as required
- Assist in developing, implementing and managing new and existing marketing partnerships
- Draft, deliver and distribute the company’s Annual Report.
- Establish best practices and systems to support the company’s development strategy, including maintaining and managing the company database/CRM
- In collaboration with the ILBIJERRI team, identify future needs, trends and resources for effective and meaningful fundraising that aligns with the company’s values.
- Develop a strong and clear communications systems for all members and donors (current and prospective)
- Collaborate with the ILBIJERRI team to coordinate engagement activities for members, partners and supporters
- Develop schedules and meet deadlines to ensure all initiatives are activated to maximise private giving income
- Work closely with the Executive team to ensure an effective, integrated communications and messaging strategy for the company.
- Manage and deliver the acquittal of philanthropic, sponsorship and/or private grant funding agreements including acquittals and reporting in collaboration with the General Manager
- In conjunction with the General Manager and Finance Manager, contribute to the development of the annual marketing budget and development targets
- Evaluate and report on marketing and business development activities and outcomes against organisational KPIs including stakeholder reporting, audience evaluations and market research
- Manage and provide regular financial tracking updates on budgets and development targets
- Follow all financial policies and processes within the company.
ILBIJERRI is strongly committed to the goal of self-determination – a First Nations company, managed by First Nations staff, delivering work for and by First Nations people.
Each senior role at ILBIJERRI is expected to actively support progress toward this goal and will be required to provide supportive mentorship to emerging First Nations team members.
Success in the role of ILBIJERRI’s Marketing and Development Manager will be measured by:
- Marketing campaigns which secure and diversify audience reach
- Securing and expanding revenue from trusts, foundations and individual donors
- Successful launch of a Donor Program and increased levels of donor engagement to support the company’s artistic goals and projects
- Efficient budget management and reporting
- Accurate database management
- Engaged research strategies
- Development and growth of emerging First Nation’s staff across marketing and development strategies
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in fundraising and marketing
- Proven record of implementing successful fundraising campaigns, achieving revenue targets, managing budgets, meeting deadlines, and maximising opportunities in an arts or closely-related sector
- A commitment to working with First Nations cultures and communities, particularly in relation to arts practice, and a commitment to furthering ILBIJERRI’s Mission in line with our organisational Values
- Knowledge and/or experience of the contemporary performing arts and First Nations performing arts sectors, and experience working with artists, performers and the creative process
- High level communication, negotiation, strategic and analytical, research, and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent relationship and people management skills
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- This position is a two-year fixed term contract
- The salary is based on a gross full-time salary of $80,000 per annum
- The package includes: 4 weeks annual leave with an additional 3 days over Christmas-New Year;10 days personal leave; plus 9.5% employer superannuation
- The position reports to the Executive Director
- Some flexible working hours will be required around events and programs.
- Time-in-lieu policy applies
If, after reading the full Position Description, you have questions about the role, please call Graham Coffey, General Manager on 0431 952 450 or e-mail email@example.com
- Your application must consist of:
- A one-page cover letter outlining why you’d be perfect for the role
- A statement (two pages max) addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlining your relevant skills and experience;
- An up-to-date CV (two pages max); and
- The names and contact details of three professional referees
- Please email all as a single PDF with your name and the position title as the document’s name. Please keep in mind that if you don’t address the selection criteria we won’t be able to assess your application.
- Applications should be sent by e-mail only to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am Monday 20 July, 2020
- After the close of applications, shortlisting will quickly take place. To be fair to all applicants, no late applications will be accepted
- Whilst receipt of all complete submitted applications will be acknowledged by e-mail, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted personally
For more information, please contact:
Graham Coffey, General Manager
T: 0431 952 450