VENUES PRODUCER AND COMPANY MANAGER
- Are you passionate about Performing Arts?
- Are you a Problem Solver who can work Independently?
- Full time contract (until Dec 2020), located in Lilyfield in Sydney’s Inner West
Legs On The Wall is Australia’s leading physical theatre company, producing original performance work that is presented throughout Australia and the world. With a rich history spanning more than 35years, Legs is in a dynamic and busy period of activity.
The Venues Producer and Company Manager is a key member of a small management team based at our home, the Red Box, in Sydney’s Inner West. The role has two distinct parts – the holistic management of our physical theatre venues and keeping the company administration and operations running smoothly and well supported.
The position is Full Time with a salary of $72000p.a. plus Super.
The contract term is until the end of 2020.
Working alongside the Artistic Director and Executive Creative Producer and your responsibilities will include:
- Office admin and Company communications
- Finance and payroll processing and documentation
- Venue and event management including the management and booking of third party tenants
- Production and activity scheduling
- Board coordination
- Marketing, promotion and basic design support
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
Solid experience in a general office environment including management of Finance documentation
- Good IT skills including database and website admin
- A team player and a self-starter with great communication skills
- Love of the performing arts (some hands-on experience would be great)
- Not essential but desirable – familiarity with managing third party tenants
- Not essential but desirable – experience with copy writing and or desktop publishing and basic graphic design.
More Position details:
- Manage the Company’s activity and production schedule
- Coordinate IT services, office supplies, business systems and liaise with external service suppliers
- Manage communications including office phones, general emails, postal services
- Coordinate travel bookings
- Coordinate Board meetings, agenda and papers
Finance and Marketing support
- Assist with grant applications and acquittals
- Manage accounts payable and payroll paperwork (for payment by the Accountant)
- Manage accounts receivable paperwork (for invoicing by the Accountant)
- Petty cash and credit card reconciliations
- Banking and receipting of donations
- Maintain Legs’ database and manage direct mail requirements
- Maintain Legs’ social media presence / website updates
- Manage Legs’ venue (Red Box, Level 3 etc) bookings schedule
- Actively market available space, manage all enquiries and provide quotes
- Coordinate hire and rental agreements, including invoicing and debt collection
- Manage equipment, building maintenance, service providers, landlord and other external authorities
- Provide admin and production support for Legs Classes and Workshops
Please send a current CV and cover letter responding to the role responsibilities and addressing how you beleive your experience meets the criteria outlined above.
All applications to be submitted by 5pm Friday 24 January 2020 to email@example.com
Should you have questions please send via email and we will respond accordingly.