Sales and Business Development Manager - Games
Looking for a career challenge that’s all fun and games? Video games are one of the biggest entertainment industries in the world, valued at $4 billion dollars in Australia and $140 billion worldwide. With 8.6 million Australian households enjoying video games, you could be diving deep into this exciting and booming ecosystem. GamesHub is an international start-up publication based in Australia, covering the dynamic and rapidly expanding world of video games with comprehensive news, reviews, and long reads that everyone can enjoy. Staffed by award-winning journalists with decades of experience in the games media business – via iconic global mastheads like GameSpot and Kotaku – we want to help more people appreciate all the great things about the art, business, and culture of games.
About the role:
We’re looking for an ambitious people-person with an interest in games to help GamesHub maintain and grow our fruitful partnerships with existing clients, and develop exciting new commercial relationships and opportunities. As a sales and business development manager, you’ll have the autonomy to establish and develop great relationships with a wide range of clients, which could range from the likes of Microsoft and Sony, to Dell and Samsung, and even cultural institutions like Creative Victoria and ACMI. You’ll have the creative freedom to develop killer sales strategies, new products, and pitches, and ensure that clients get the best possible experience with one of Australia’s best video game media outlets. We offer a flexible and autonomous remote working environment (with a hybrid option available in Melbourne), a culture of support, growth, and progression, and some of the best colleagues you’ll ever have.
We’d love someone who has:
- Proven performance and history working in digital media sales – minimum 2 years
- An interest in video games
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in PowerPoint, Excel, and Photoshop or equivalent software
- Experience in budgeting and revenue forecasts
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work autonomously
It’s a bonus if you also have:
- Experience working within the video game industry
- Strong agency and client relationships in the Australian media market
- Experience in sales, research, analytics an ad serving systems such as Ad Manager 360, Active Campaign, Google Analytics, Nielsen, or ComScore
Salary Bracket: $80k to $90k p.a. base + Commission
This full-time role is a remote/work from home position, with a physical office available in Melbourne for a hybrid working model.
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter detailing why you are the right fit for this role.
We’re looking forward to working with you!
Enquiries to email@example.com.
The ArtsHub Group incorporates ArtsHub (Australia & UK), ScreenHub, and GamesHub.