Request for Quotation – Event Operations Manager, 2023, 2024 & 2025
Request for Quotation – Event Operations Manager, Vivid Sydney 2023, 2024 & 2025
Destination NSW is seeking applications and itemised quotations from a suitably qualified and experienced contractor for the provision of Event Operations Manager services for Vivid Sydney 2023, 2024 and 2025.
Please note this is not a position of employment but a contract for the supply of services. Companies can propose a person for this contract. Individuals with an ABN as either sole trader or company can apply for the supply of services.
Destination NSW is the lead agency, champion and voice for the visitor economy within the NSW Government.
Spearheading a whole-of-government approach to visitor economy growth, Destination NSW is responsible for leading the delivery of the NSW Visitor Economy Strategy 2030 in partnership with government and industry.
Destination NSW influences and shapes the visitor economy through strategic research, policy and thought leadership, stakeholder engagement and consultation, commercial partnerships and investment in visitor experiences, business support, marketing and events.
Investing in a world-class events calendar to maximise economic and social benefits and, position NSW as the events capital of the Asia Pacific, is a key strategic pillar of the Visitor Economy Strategy 2030.
Vivid Sydney, the largest festival of light, music and ideas in the Southern Hemisphere and the largest event in Australia, is owned, managed and produced by Destination NSW. Vivid Sydney has been integral in positioning Sydney as the creative capital of the Asia Pacific and, instrumental in driving visitation to Sydney and stimulating the city’s visitor economy (the ‘Event’). For more information visit: www.vividsydney.com
- Deadline for receipt of clarification requests – 10am Wednesday 10th August 2022
- RFQ closing date- 10am Wednesday 17th August 2022
- Interviews – Week beginning 22nd August 2022
- Successful contractor notified – Week beginning 29th August 2022
- Unsuccessful contractor(s) notified – Week beginning 29th August 2022
- Commencement of Contract – Monday 5th September 2022
Evaluation of all received proposals will be based on the following criteria:
- Value for money – 25%
- Relevant tertiary qualification(s) and 5-7 years’ experience in large scale event production, operations and technical management including demonstrated understanding of the creative and technical requirements of multi-day, outdoor major events and festivals across multiple precincts. – 20%
- Demonstrated experience in: the preparation and implementation of major event documentation, production plans and event manuals including risk and traffic management, resource management for events with a creative overlay and high-value production elements operating across multiple locations the development and management of substantial major event budgets, financial reporting, procurement and, contract management – 20%
- Exceptional communication skills, including experience in collaborating and negotiating with a wide range of stakeholders including government agencies, landowners, external organisations, artists, contractors, suppliers, volunteers, internal departments and staff. – 10%
- Highly developed and proven project and time management skills, ability to effectively prioritise, meet deadlines and to balance competing priorities in a dynamic and high-profile work environment. – 10%
- High-level computer literacy skills, proficient with MS Office suite, experience in specialist software such as Vectorworks and CRM programs. – 10%
- Compliance with Request for Quotation – 5%
What Destination NSW requires:
Destination NSW requires an itemised quotation which addresses the items in Annexure A, i.e. Specification of Services, Key Considerations and General Items. Attention should also be directed towards the Selection Criteria:
1. A written response of no more than four (4) pages which addresses the Selection Criteria and Specifications of Services outlined in Annexure A.
2. An itemised all-inclusive quotation for Period 1 via provision of a day rate exclusive of GST but inclusive of all charges, superannuation, expenses and other personal inclusions at 5 days per week during pre and post Festival with 6-day weeks for the 6-week festival period to include Bump in, Festival and Bump out.
3. An itemised all-inclusive quotation for Period 2 via provision of a day rate exclusive of GST but inclusive of all charges, superannuation, expenses and other personal inclusions at 5 days per week during pre and post Festival with 6-day weeks for the 6-week festival period to include Bump in, Festival and Bump out.
4. An itemised all-inclusive quotation for Period 3 via provision of a day rate exclusive of GST but inclusive of all charges, superannuation, expenses and other personal inclusions at 5 days per week during pre and post Festival with 6-day weeks for the 6-week festival period to include Bump in, Festival and Bump out.
5. Current curriculum vitae including details for two (2) referees.
Clarification of Requests for Quotes:
If you require clarification of this Request for Quotation, please go to the contact us page on the Vivid Sydney Website, https://www.vividsydney.com/info/contact-us , to email the Vivid Sydney team.
Please note that any clarifications will be given to other contractors that have been offered the opportunity to provide a quote. Clarification Addendums will be posted via the Work with Us page on the Vivid Sydney website.
How to respond to a Request for Quotation (RFQ):
Please review the relevant RFQ documentation, Clarification Addendums, Frequently Asked Questions and Terms & Conditions prior to preparing your response. Respondents should address the specific requirements of the services and, the selection criteria detailed within the RFQ documentation.
Answers and supporting documentation will need to be uploaded via the Vivid Sydney Website using the Apply Now button.
The full Request for Quotation including the Specifcation of Services can be found here.
NB: This form cannot be saved or changed after submission, please ensure that you check the accuracy of your information prior to submitting.