The SUBSTATION is a not-for-profit multi arts space located in a 100-year-old repurposed building, presenting a curated program of contemporary, experimental art by local, national and international artists. We encourage artists to engage with our post-industrial space and foster a culture of interconnectedness, collaboration and independence, where we value new ideas, imagination and difference. Working with artists from across disciplines, in non-traditional modes, we create opportunities for audiences to experience the best contemporary and experimental arts in an inspired, critical dialogue about our world.
The SUBSTATION Executive Producer is a new role created at a time of extraordinary growth in the organisation. The position provides an opportunity for a talented, creative and dynamic professional to take a leading role during at a critical moment in the development of the organisation. The Executive Producer will lead the management of The SUBSTATION’s business, staff and governance processes and develop and maintain relationships with foundations and donors. Internally, the role will focus on managing a small team to deliver the annual curated program and shaping workplace culture across the organisation. Externally, the role will focus on building relationships with key stakeholders, artists and audience. The Executive Producer will work closely with the Director, staff and artists to support the year-round activities of The SUBSTATION.
For full list of Key Responsibilities click here.
Key Selection Criteria
- Experience and qualifications in the arts or related industry
- Proven relationship management skills across a variety of key stakeholders
- Experience in fundraising or development with government, foundations or donors
- Demonstrated experience and track record of senior leadership within an organisation
- Experience on, or working with, boards or committees of management
- Proven ability to supervise staff and delegate work effectively
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate
Terms of Employment
- 4 days per week, EFT 0.8 (30.4 hours per week)
- $75,000 p.a. pro rata (plus superannuation)
- 4 weeks’ annual leave pro rata per annum
- The SUBSTATION operates a time-in-lieu system.
- Reports to : Director
- Direct Reports : Production Manager, Marketing Manager and Finance Manager
Please review the Executive Producer Applicatino Pack before applying.
Applications must include, in one PDF document emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A short cover letter
- 2 pages maximum responding to the key selection criteria and job description
- A CV that includes contact details for 2 current referees.
Deadline 5pm, Friday 22nd November 2019
Start Date 6th January 2020
Please do not hesitate to contact Director, Brad Spolding at email@example.com with any enquiries.
The SUBSTATION values diversity in our organisation and encourage people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from diverse cultural backgrounds and people with disabilities.