Coordinator Drum Theatre
$96,216 - $107,662 pa (plus super)
The City of Greater Dandenong is an organisation of exceptional character. We invest in the development of our people and the community and we strive to be a workplace that is respectful, engaged, accountable, creative and honest. We are a progressive organisation, in a city that is on the move and we offer a dynamic and rewarding work environment.
We offer exceptional working conditions and are focused on providing a workplace that values diverse contributions, cares for your health and wellbeing and fosters a positive work culture. We ensure all people have an equal opportunity for employment and advancement within our organisation.
We embrace our diverse community and work environment and encourage applications from everyone including people of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander background, people of diverse sexual orientation and gender, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and people of varied age, ability, and faith. Council will give due consideration to any workplace adjustments to accommodate the needs of any prospective or existing staff member.
Council is seeking a dynamic and visionary individual to lead The Drum Theatre in its next exciting stage of growth.
The primary objectives of the role are:
- To plan and deliver the programming and operations of The Drum ensuring a diverse and engaging program that is reflective of best practice
- To lead the successful implementation of The Drum Strategic Plan
- Oversee the day to day operations, staff management, financial systems, reporting, bookings and box office operations of The Drum Theatre.
- To provide a coordinated approach to programming maximising not only the facilities at The Drum, but also linking strategically with other arts and cultural activity in the Greater City of Dandenong
This position offers a unique opportunity for a leader with performing arts experience and strong management, communication and stakeholder engagement skills.
The role requires:
- Theatre and/or arts programming experience
- Relevant tertiary qualification in business management, theatre operations, hospitality or relevant field of study along with significant subsequent relevant experience that enables the Coordinator Drum Theatre, to meet the inherent requirements of the position. Experience in a customer focused performing arts and/or events management team environment, preferably with experience using venue booking software and liaison with contractors and service suppliers.
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy, including the ability to communicate effectively with all clients, stakeholders, customers and staff.
- Staff management experience, including a working understanding of OH&S principles.
- Experience working within a demanding administrative environment including the ability to work efficiently during periods of increased activity.
- High level computer skills on a PC based platform preferably with experience with event management software.
Applicants must adequately meet the requirements of the role and fully address the selection criteria contained in the position description. To view a copy of this position description and to apply, please click on the link below.
Previous applicants who were unsuccessful for this position need not re-apply.
We offer a range of benefits for staff including a friendly team environment, salary sacrificed child care (where available), discounted gym membership and a vibrant social club.
Further information: Tilla Buden, 8571 5242
Applications close: 5pm, Monday, 28 October 2019