ArtsHub and Screenhub are recruiting for the newly created role of Content Director, to head-up our awesome editorial team and lead the evolution of our editorial content and digital assets.
About the role:
The Content Director will have responsibility for managing and evolving our digital content products and strategy across our three websites ArtsHub Australia, ArtsHub UK and Screenhub.
This role reports to the CEO of ArtsHub / Screenhub and works closely with our editorial team and our membership base, as well as our strategic partners and advertisers.
Passion for the arts and experience in the arts industry are prerequisites, with the role requiring excellent people-managements skills, a proven track record in publishing, advanced knowledge of digital publishing platforms and technology, strategic thinking and solid commercial skills.
The Content Director will be central to our ongoing role as the leading independent online resource dedicated to the arts and culture in Australia.
Key areas of responsibility:
1. Digital Content Strategy - responsible for setting and guiding our editorial and content policy and strategy. Collaboration with both editorial and commercial teams to ensure we innovate and evolve our content while continuing to deliver quality, expert, authoritative and informative content to our readership and members.
2. Editorial & Publishing - commissioning, editing and production of all content. Setting and managing the content framework and effectively managing and mentoring our editorial team members. Plan & brief assignments and commissioning freelancer contributors.
3. Digital Platforms - embracing new and emerging technology, and developing and producing content across a wide range of platforms and channels to meet the evolving needs of our audience.
4. Commercial - working closely with the CEO and Head of Business Development, as well as our advertisers and external partners, to develop and grow products and continually evolve and improve our digital business model, while at the same time ensuring all content produced continues to meet our brand strategy and guidelines.
· Passion for and understanding of the Australian arts sector
· Excellent communication and management skills
· Leadership skills and ability to encourage teamwork
· Ability to mentor and teach
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Solid understanding of digital marketing strategy and tactics, such as SEO, SEM, content marketing and social media marketing
· Creative minded with an ability to conceive interesting ideas for new content
· Staying updated on publishing and digital industry trends
· Proven track record demonstrating journalistic and editorial best practice
ArtsHub is Australia's leading independent online resource dedicated to the world of the arts.
Our passionate team actively pursues a vision for a dynamic, diverse and prosperous arts culture and industry. We provide the platform, tools, content and connections to cultivate curiosity in the arts.
This role is based in our Melbourne office in the CBD. To apply, please email a covering letter and a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by end of day 14 December.