The Australian National Academy of Music (ANAM) is dedicated to training the most exceptional young classical musicians from Australia and New Zealand. ANAM provides an intense studio-based program of individually-tailored lessons, classes, coaching, seminars and rehearsals, alongside a public performance schedule of over 180 events each year. ANAM’s audience and membership base is highly engaged and supportive.
The Australian National Academy of Music (ANAM) is looking for an energetic, hands-on, forward thinking and multi-skilled arts marketing professional who can coordinate the delivery of ANAM’s strategic marketing objectives. Working within a small team, and with regular contact with ANAM faculty and musicians, the Marketing Coordinator is tasked with the implementation of strategies to increase ANAM’s local, national and international recognition, grow engagement and audiences for its Melbourne and national performance program, and increase its profile amongst prospective students.
Details of engagement
Position title: Marketing Coordinator
Salary: $66,486 (+ superannuation)
Time fraction: 1.0EFT (full time)
Probationary period: three months
Employment type: permanent ongoing, subject to the successful completion of the probationary period
Reports to: Marketing and Communications Manager
Location: Based at the Abbotsford Convent, Abbotsford Melbourne
Commencement: Immediate start
Responsibilities of the Marketing Coordinator will include:
- Implement annual and project-based marketing plans and oversee brand consistency;
- Coordinate collateral design, production and distribution;
- Manage design agency including briefing, timelines, editing and production;
- Manage advertising plan, content and partnerships: including print, digital, outdoor, etc.
- Coordinate data analysis and reporting with support from Marketing Assistant: including audience behaviour and sales trends;
- Coordinate the ANAMates membership strategy and marketing;
- Lead development, production and distribution of quarterly Music Makers newspaper;
- In consultation with Marketing & Communications Manager and external publicist, coordinate media opportunities and interviews for ANAM musicians, faculty and guests;
- Coordinate photo and video shoots, as required;
- Where required, assist the Marketing Assistant with the design, content creation, proofing and distribution of eDMs, digital assets and social media content;
Website & Ticketing
- Manage ANAM’s website and ticketing CRM (Tessitura);
- Lead the development and management of annual redesign of the ANAM website including liaising with external web developers;
- Oversee and ensure all website content is accurate and updated regularly, including images, logos, events and video as required;
- Oversee annual and ongoing Tessitura maintenance and upgrades along with other Tessitura System Administrators;
- Coordinate Tessitura ticket builds including TNEW (web-based) content to ensure timely delivery of online ticketing systems for all ticketed performances throughout the year;
- Undertake Front of House and Box Office duties as required;
- Responsible for ANAM corporate brand exposure and imagery ensuring the ANAM brand is represented correctly, consistently and contractual acknowledgements adhered to;
- Oversee the appropriate use of ANAM’s intellectual property as it relates to the marketing and communication plan.
Key selection criteria
- Relevant degree and/or experience;
- Experience working in marketing and/or communications in an arts company;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- A proactive, hand-on approach and a positive outlook;
- Experience in managing relationships, in particular with external suppliers and arts partners.
- Experience with the Tessitura CRM system, and website Content Management Systems;
- Knowledge of classical music and the Australian culture sector;
- Experience with Adobe Indesign and Photoshop.
Availability to occasionally work outside regular office hours, including some evenings and weekends.
ANAM’s Commitment to the Safety of Children and Young People
ANAM has a commitment to uphold and respect the safety of all children and young people. This position will require a Victorian Working with Children Check and a National Crime Check.
Equity and Diversity
ANAM promotes a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value unique contributions of all people. ANAM encourages people with a disability, indigenous Australians, young people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this job.
The cohort of employees and contractors at ANAM is selected solely on the basis of merit. Employment at ANAM is based on a recruitment process that includes a panel-based interview. ANAM employees are encouraged to undertake diversity and inclusion awareness training and professional development activities.
Enquiries and applications: Charlotte Cassidy - Manager, People and Culture, firstname.lastname@example.org; further information about ANAM available at anam.com.au
Applications close: Sunday 18 April 2021
Applications must consist of a cover letter (no more than 2 pages) addressing the selection criteria, and a CV which contains three referees, within a single PDF. Referees will not be contacted without prior notice. Applications submitted automatically via ArtsHub will not be accepted.