Managing Editor for ArtsHub
- Role title: Managing Editor for ArtsHub
- Reports to: CEO
- Direct reports: ArtsHub Editorial Team
- Location: Our office is based in Melbourne CBD and a hybrid (working from office and remotely) working model is available.
- Work Type: Full Time or Part Time *negotiable
- Salary range: $95,000 to $110,000 p.a. + Superannuation (FTE)
About the role:
We’re looking for a strong and energetic leader with deep experience in the creative industries sector to take ArtsHub on the next stage of its exciting growth path.
After significant investment over the past couple of years in re-platforming ArtsHub on to best-of-breed technology, this role genuinely presents an exciting opportunity.
The ArtsHub Managing Editor will lead the publication’s editorial and content strategies.
You will have a passion for the creative industries and in turn be a strong brand ambassador for ArtsHub. You will have experience working with a successful digital publication and be able to develop audiences and create deeper engagement and retention. You are a strategic and a creative content thinker who can work with our experienced editorial team to celebrate and interrogate the Australian arts sector, while also finding new ways of presenting content to inspire an audience’s imagination. You will balance this with an understanding of the commercial realities of a digital publication, and work with the sales and marketing teams to develop new products and commercialisation strategies.
We offer a flexible and autonomous remote working environment (with a hybrid option available in Melbourne), a culture of support, growth, and progression, and some of the best colleagues you’ll ever have.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Lead innovation and continual improvement in content though the implementation and maintenance of a content strategy aligned with business objectives.
- Drive the content strategy for increased traffic and engagement, and find new audiences for ArtsHub.
- Have responsibility for ArtsHub’s content platforms including newsletters, reviews, news, features, op-eds, podcasts, videos and other products.
- Source and develop editorial content about the creative industries that will increase ArtsHub’s audience.
- Manage and mentor a dedicated team of subject matter experts.
- Sub-edit and peer review copy from other members of the team and contributors.
- Create content including text, image, audio and video with speed and accuracy, to meet high standards of reliability.
- Collaborate with Business Development, Sales and Membership teams to develop campaigns and content that innovate and inspire our audiences.
- Collaborate with the digital product and marketing team to develop content led marketing campaigns.
- Identify, establish and manage key strategic content syndication partnerships which are aligned with the business content strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in communications, journalism or comparable disciplines, or appropriate industry experience.
We’d love someone who has:
- 5 years + experience working in a similar role.
- Experience developing content projects in audio, video, text or other mediums.
- Ability to think outside the box, and not step backwards from making strategic recommendations that may involve calculated risks in order to drive to growth goals.
- Sound knowledge of the creative industries sector and an appetite to be an ArtsHub brand ambassador.
- Experience in developing and managing a highly effective team to meet tight deadlines, understand their audience and produce content with wide appeal.
- A high level of written and verbal communication skills with excellent editorial skills including managing style guides and content scheduling.
- Strong commercial acumen with demonstrable experience in developing audiences.
- Experience working with content management systems and eDM platforms.
Applications close Thursday 18th August 2022