Think+DO Tank Foundation
Director of Operations
EOIs close 3 December 2021.About Think+DO Tank Foundation
Think+DO Tank Foundation collaborates with low socio-economic and marginalised communities in NSW, focusing on culturally and linguistically diverse women and children. Together, we develop a shared way of doing things, designing projects and enterprises for demonstrable and lasting impact. Our evidence-based, replicable approaches improve social cohesion; reduce isolation; strengthen community capacity; and foster equity. By using the arts, imagination and creativity and social enterprise to approach communities we shift the realms of possibility while we simultaneously address the pragmatic challenges of disadvantage that hinder change. Art asks us to examine our humanity, to amplify the threads that connect us and diminish those that divide us through geography, language and politics. Art starts conversations, holds and celebrates diverse points of view and asks each of us to imagine, and to create a world that does not yet exist. How can we create change if we don’t have the imagination to design a different world for ourselves? The Think+DO Tank Foundation amplifies the stories of people and their places, in their own languages and in English. We explore how arts-based approaches can shift systems that reinforce poverty. By creating space for artistic self-expression in the languages spoken in the communities around us each of us can take an equal place in making new Australian stories and imagining new possibilities, together.
The Operations Director is a new leadership role at Think+DO Tank Foundation created to enable our work to grow, and to strengthen our leadership and managerial capacity. You will lead our diverse business operations and alongside the CEO, provide leadership for our core staff and project teams. We are looking for a commercial, entrepreneurial operator with ambition, intelligence, generosity and heart to work effectively within our values and to serve our purpose. We are a deliberately agile and learning organisation – we have a healthy risk appetite and intentional experimentation is central to our practice.
The successful applicant is an experienced operations manager and people leader, capable of:
- project managing multiple ongoing projects
- managing staff, contractors, partners and volunteers to deliver their best
- exercising leadership in programmatic budgeting and reporting
- leading data analysis to improve and evaluate performance and outcomes
- collaborating with Foundation colleagues and external collaborators and partners alike; and
- communicating Think+DO Tank Foundation’s purpose and impact to attract partners, funding and support.
You will be able to demonstrate a track record over at least seven years of professional accomplishments that demonstrate these capabilities:
– Negotiation: you are an effective and sensitive negotiator
– Leadership: you can inspire and manage a team of colleagues to achieve results
– Project Management: you know how to project manage, and engender productive collaboration for tangible results
– Analysis + Strategy: you can analyse data to understand and optimise performance, and produce reports and strategic recommendations
– Communication + Persuasion Skills: you can communicate persuasively with diverse stakeholders internally and externally.
We serve some of the most culturally and linguistically diverse communities in Australia. We value intercultural expertise, diverse ways of thinking and the ability to work in more than one language.
- Package: $110,000 annual full-time package inclusive of superannuation, negotiable based on experience.
- Hours: Full-time.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Professional Development: Personal budget allocated annually.
- Benefits: Subscriptions, industry memberships.
All staff at Think+DO Tank Foundation are required to hold Working with Children and police checks, and to participate in induction and training sessions to ensure our work generates welcome, inclusive, safe and creative community environments for all.
You must hold a current First Aid Certificate; and hold an unrestricted, current driver’s licence.
This leadership role is subject to a probation period of four months, and annual performance and salary reviews.
How to apply
This call-out for EOIs closes 3 December 2021. However, this position remains open until filled by a suitable candidate.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line:“HIRE ME – Operations Director” to share the following:
- your cover letter. Please ensure that as a minimum you address the skills we specify (no more than 3 A4 pages)
- your resumé (no more than 2 A4 pages)
- Optional: a video of up to 1 minute introducing yourself and answering this question: “I am the right person to lead Think+DO Tank Foundation’s operations because….”.
The Foundation will ask for at least two professional, and two personal referees if you are shortlisted.
Our commitment to applicants
Your application will be acknowledged. You will receive feedback on your application provided that you are shortlisted for interview. Think+DO Tank Foundation invests in the development of all its team members. You can expect to have access to opportunities to develop professionally, and to be challenged through your daily work.