Sydney Writers' Festival
Digital Marketing Specialist
Digital Marketing Specialist
Type of work: Full-time contract, February–4 June 2022
Reports to: Head of Marketing & Digital
Salary: $72K per annum, pro rata
Sydney Writers’ Festival encourages applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries, and is committed to having a team that reflects diverse skills, experiences and abilities.
About Sydney Writers’ Festival
Sydney Writers’ Festival is one of the world’s leading and most beloved literary institutions. It is a place for readers, writers andthinkers to share ideas, tell stories and celebrate literature.
Since our first Festival in 1997, we have brought thousands of diverse writers and thinkers from Australia and around the globe together in Sydney. Each year, more than 400 writers take part in over 300 conversations, debates, performances and paneldiscussions to total audiences of more than 80,000.
We are proud to create a Festival that through careful curation acts as a barometer of the world around us, and offers an invitation to hear powerful stories, era-defining ideas and some of the most exciting and intelligent voices in Australia and theworld.
The next Sydney Writers’ Festival will be held from 16–22 May 2022.
About the role
The Digital Marketing Specialist plays a key role in the marketing and broader Festival team, and is integral to the delivery of afar-reaching and effective 2022 marketing campaign.
They will be responsible for driving growth and engagement across all of the Festival’s digital channels – including website, email, social media and content platforms – and producing quality content and marketing initiatives to promote 2022 SydneyWriters’ Festival to new and loyal audiences.
This role will suit someone who is an excellent communicator and multi-tasker with a strong grasp of the latest platforms and digital trends, copywriting skills, an eye for detail, and an appreciation for literature and the arts.
Digital Marketing Specialist role and responsibilities
· In consultation with the Head of Marketing & Digital, lead the development
· and implementation of Sydney Writers’ Festival’s digital marketing strategy.
· In collaboration with marketing team members, lead, develop and plan a web, email and social media strategy to support the Festival marketing campaign, including creating copy and content.
· Devise and implement strategic content distribution initiatives that engage new and existing audiences.
Content and implementation
· Plan, write, and distribute e-newsletters (bi-weekly during on-sale, then daily throughout Festival week).
· Work closely with the development team to deliver sponsor benefits.
· Work closely with the ticketing team to support the delivery of customer service notifications and updates.
· Produce and maintain a digital marketing calendar and content plan.
· Manage the Festival website, including content management, page building and ongoing enhancement.
· In collaboration with the marketing team, input all content into the Sydney Writers’ Festival website for our program launchand manage updates from the program announcement until the end of the Festival.
· Work with our web agency on web development, including testing and delivery.
Channel management and reporting
· Manage the Festival’s social media channels to ensure a consistent tone of voice and cohesive brand narrative, deliverspecific social media campaigns and oversee community management.
· Manage analytics and tracking for web and social channels.
· In conjunction with the Head of Marketing & Digital, plan and manage the Festival’s social advertising.
· Work with the Festival’s digital agency to plan, track and report on paid digital campaigns.
· Manage social analytics, responding to community queries in real time and managing comments in accordance withAustralia’s legal regulations of social media.
· Provide detailed retrospective digital marketing information for reports on campaign effectiveness post-Festival.
Core skills required:
· Two years of work experience in digital marketing or in a similar role.
· Experience delivering digital marketing campaigns.
· Experience with digital marketing channels, including website, email and social media.
· Experience managing paid digital campaigns across social and Google Networks (can be in collaboration with adigital agency).
· Ability to work autonomously, and to multi-task to deliver competing priorities.
· Working knowledge of Google Analytics.
· Strong writing skills and ability to create content and copy with minimal direction and correction.
· A creative and innovative approach to all tasks.
· Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Umbraco, WordFly.
· Familiarity with the arts industry.
· Eye for design.
Submitting an application
Applications should include:
· a cover letter outlining why you are the right candidate for this role
· a current CV.
Early applications will be considered and an appointment may be made prior to the closing date.