Darwin Festival is northern Australia’s leading 18-day international multi-arts festival. Attracting attendances of more than 105,000 and delivering 230 performances across 30 venues annually, the 2018 Darwin Festival featured 703 local, national and international artists, and was delivered by 100 staff supported by 120 Festival volunteers.
With ticket sales and the number of participating artists more than doubling across the past two seasons and an annual turnover of approximately $7 million, Darwin Festival is fast establishing itself as Australia’s leading tropical winter arts festival.
The Finance & Business Administration Manager is responsible for the compliant financial management, corporate risk management, business administration and corporate governance of Darwin Festival. They are responsible for the day-to-day running of the Company’s financial, payroll and supplier contracting functions, as well as the coordination and delivery of human resources and IT services.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the position works closely with the Chief Executive Officer to manage budgets and provide sound financial advice and forecasting to the Board, ensuring that all compliance requirements are met. The Finance & Business Administration Manager contributes to the short- and long-term strategic planning of Darwin Festival at the staff and Board levels. The position undertakes the duties of Acting Chief Executive Officer in periods of their extended absence.
In the role of Company Secretary, the Finance & Business Administration Mannager will ensure the adherence to good overnance policies and procedures, including compliance with Australian Charity and Not-For-Profits Commission (ACNC) requirements and other relevantregulations.
The Finance & Business Administration Manager oversees the Finance Officer and Accounts Assistant,works with the department managers, auditors, insurers, bankers, IT support contractors and government funders, and liaises with the Chair and Board from time to time on financial and governance issues.
To be successful in this role you will require:
- CPA/CA (or equivalent skills and experience) essential
- A qualification in Management and/or Human Resources is desirable
- At least five years’ relevant experience in financial management, human resources and business administration
- Experience working closely with a CEO and Board on financial, risk and governance matters
- Staff management experience
- Extensive experience in managing day-to-day finances in compliance with regulations, policies and procedures
- Experience in managing human resources and employee contracting
- Experience in audit and regulatory compliance
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector, preferably within the arts, entertainment or related industries, is desirable
- High-level knowledge of relevant accounting standards and regulatory compliance requirements
- Proven ability and experience in successfully monitoring strategic and operational plans and budgets
- Thorough understanding of business principles and practices, including risk and corporate governance
- Sound knowledge of HR principles, practices and statutory requirements
- Sound knowledge of IT, privacy and information/record keeping systems
- Demonstrated ability to lead a departmental team and exercise good judgment under pressure
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to handle sensitive issues under pressure
- Excellent time management and forward planning skills
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong initiative, strategic thinking and attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills with experience in MYOB and Excel essential
- A team player with a positive, collaborative, respectful and inclusive attitude
For more information and position description: https://www.darwinfestival.org.au/get-involved/join-the-team/
Interested applicants should submit a CV and a cover letter addressing all of the essential selection criteria including qualifications, experience and skills to email@example.com
For inquiries, please contact Miriam Scapin, Festival Administrator, on (08) 8943 4200.
Applications close on Monday 30 September 2019 at 5.30pm (ACST).
Darwin Festival is an equal opportunity employer.