Customer Support Officer
A Customer Support Officer is needed to join our growing team. Based in Melbourne, within a hybrid working environment, you’ll play a pivotal role providing our customers with outstanding 1st and 2nd line technical customer support.
We are the world’s largest vendor of museum management software, serving over 3,000 customers in over 30 countries. With offices in the UK, Europe, Middle East, North America and Australia, we deliver powerful software solutions to natural history museums, cultural history museums, art museums, herbaria, botanic gardens and archives across the world. We are considered as leaders in our field with our technology used by many of the largest and most well recognised museums and institutions in the world.
Reporting to the Customer Services Team Leader, you will build and maintain relationships with our customers via telephone, e-mail and face to face – providing outstanding support during and after the installation and configuration of our software products. You will identify the source of problems, recommend solutions and notify the development team to make any product enhancements. Full training on our products, technology and internal processes will be provided.
Axiell is an employer committed to the principles of employment equity. We therefore encourage applications from women, Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientation or gender identity.
To qualify for this role… you will need:
- Prior software support experience (2-3 years) in a customer-facing position
- Any relevant technical experience, such as:
- EMu and/or Axiell Collections CMS knowledge
- Database management – SQL server or equivalent
- UNIX Knowledge
- IIS – Internet Information Systems
- XSLT or other scripting languages such as PowerShell etc.
- Ability or experience in delivering training courses to end users
- Outstanding customer service skills, including the ability to communicate clearly and effectively via e-mail, over the phone and face-to-face
- The ability to effectively prioritise workload and balance customer demands
- Strong problem-solving skills and logical thinking
- The ability to work effectively in a team
- An interest in the Cultural & Heritage sector (Museums, Galleries & Archives)
Applicants must be Australian citizens or have permanent residency of Australia. The appointment is of a permanent nature after a qualifying period. Salary is negotiable based on proven experience.