Adelaide Symphony Orchestra
Great cities have great orchestras. With an enviable international reputation for world class performances and a vital role at the heart of the South Australian community, the Adelaide Symphony Orchestra (ASO) is one of the nation’s most exciting performing arts organisations.
After nearly 9 years of outstanding service to the entity, current incumbent Vince Ciccarello will step down from the role. Reporting directly to and working closely with the dedicated Board, the successful candidate will be responsible for further enhancing the reputation of the ASO by:
- leading, developing, managing and inspiring its people;
- maintaining strong and productive relationships with its stakeholders and partners;
- overseeing operations and ensuring sound financial management and sustainability;
- proactively identifying, scoping and developing new business opportunities consistent with its core objectives;
- fostering a spirit of enthusiasm, pride, advocacy, support and ownership for the ASO;
- constantly reviewing and positioning the ASO to respond to an ever changing marketplace and audience.
Applications are invited from appropriately qualified and experienced individuals with the vision, commercial acumen, credibility and energy necessary to fully realise the potential of the Orchestra. A genuine affinity with and passion for the arts is assumed as is experience in managing a diverse organisation. Exceptional communication, networking, change management and decision making skills are also required for success in this dynamic environment. Whilst arts industry experience may be an advantage, proven executives from other relevant domains are also encouraged to apply.
This is a career defining opportunity to lead Adelaide’s largest performing arts company and make a significant contribution both to the organisation and to the cultural heart of the State.
Please visit henderconsulting.com.au to apply and for a job and person specification. For further information on our client, please visit aso.com.au Applications should be addressed to Andrew Reed. For a confidential discussion, please call (08) 8100 8827.