The Queensland Symphony Orchestra is seeking to appoint a Manager- Trusts and Foundations to continue to expand and build upon the success of the orchestra’s current Development Team.
Your highly developed interpersonal skills and ability to write winning submissions and proposals, particularly in the trusts, foundations and government programs arenas will set you up for success.
About the QSO
As an arts leader and great Australian orchestra, Queensland Symphony Orchestra is renowned for its high quality, breathtaking performances of both classical and modern compositions engaging audiences of diverse musical tastes, interests and ages. As the largest performing arts company in Queensland and the state’s only professional symphony orchestra, Queensland Symphony Orchestra plays a vital role in Queensland’s cultural community: educating; mentoring aspiring performers; touring regional centres; broadcasting and performing with state, national and international ballet and opera companies. Queensland Symphony Orchestra is passionate about commissioning innovative new programs and Australian works and continues to invest in collaborations, recordings and digital initiatives.
The new position of Manager - Trusts and Foundations reports to the Director – Development and works closely with that team and the teams in Artistic Planning, Orchestra Management and Community Engagement. The position will play a central role in growing QSO’s revenue from Trusts and Foundations and increasing project funding from all levels of Government.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provide high level support to Director – Development for the strategic direction of philanthropy.
- Develop Trusts and Foundations, Private Ancillary Funds (PAF), Government and Council funding pipelines.
- Develop and implement plans to achieve targets, including the identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and management of Trusts and Foundations, Private Ancillary Funds, Governments and Councils opportunities.
- Continuously research and develop the relevant grants calendar across all levels of Government: Federal, State and local, to identify programs aligned with QSO’s Strategic Plans.
- Research and develop the relevant Trusts and Foundations programs and opportunities aligned with QSO’s Strategic Plans.
- Draft and submit high quality grant applications and proposals to meet funding criteria.
- Maintain regular communications with potential funding sources in collaboration with the Development team and Orchestra management.
- Manage pipelines, including applications and reporting timelines.
- Ensure required reporting and acquittal of funding.
- Collaborate with the Orchestra teams, Development team members and our key partners.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in developing relationships with Trusts and Foundations, Private Ancillary Funds, Governments and Councils.
- Experience using databases in a philanthropy context.
- Proven track record of developing fundraising strategies to achieve fundraising targets.
- Demonstrated success with Government programs, Trusts and Foundations in managing pipelines, writing effective submissions and proposals, and completing reports.
- Established networks and good understanding of the philanthropy landscape in Queensland/Australia including Government arts and education programs and initiatives.
- Passionate about developing authentic relationships and working in a high performance team.
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Experience using Tessitura
Please send your CV to email@example.com by 25 September 2020.