The Strategic Opportunities Program supports individual initiatives and events that demonstrate long-term benefits to the NSW screen industry.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis at any time during the year, subject to available funds.
The objectives of the Program are:
- to build capacity within the industry and organisations and businesses within the sector;
- to support new and sustainable partnerships in particular between organisations of State significance and practitioners;
- to support audience access strategies for projects and practitioners.
Applications will be assessed against the following criteria:
- the project/event is well planned and of high artistic quality and it has capacity to contribute to the overall stability and strength of the NSW screen industry;
- the plans for the use of the funding and the amount of other funding;
- track record of the applicant and partners;
- the availability of funds.
Events and programs that support high-quality activity, engagement and participation with these Priority Areas are of particular importance:
- people living and/or working in regional NSW
- people living and/or working in Western Sydney
- Aboriginal people
- people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CaLD) backgrounds
- people with disability
- young people.
Further information on addressing Priority Areas can be found in the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section on the Create NSW website – www.create.nsw.gov.au
Please note that Create NSW will not support conferences, panel discussions or similar events which have all male panel members.
Applying for a grant:
Apply online HERE.
FAQ’S about using the application form.
Please subscribe to our e-news or follow us on Facebook and Twitter for regular updates about our programs.
For more information call Amelia Carew-Reid on (02) 8289 6417 or by email to Amelia.Carew-Reid@create.nsw.gov.au if you would like to discuss your proposed project.