The Australia Council offers three grant rounds each year for Playing Australia.
In 2020, the grant rounds will close on:
- Tuesday 4 February for projects starting after 1 May 2020 (11:59pm AEDT).
- Tuesday 2 June for projects starting after 1 September 2020 (11:59pm AEST).
- Tuesday 6 October for projects starting after 1 January 2021 (11.59pm AEDT).
Technical and administrative support will not be available after 5pm on the closing date.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application approximately 12 weeks after the closing date.
About the program
The Regional Performing Arts Touring program supports performing arts to reach regional and remote communities across Australia. Grants are available to support the net touring costs associated with a national tour. There is no limit on the amount that can be requested.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to speak to a member of the grants team before applying to this fund.
Read our FAQs.
Who can apply
We accept applications from individuals and organisations.
Who can't apply
You can't apply for a grant if:
- you received a grant, or administered a grant, from the Australia Council in the past and that grant has not been satisfactorily acquitted
- you owe money to the Australia Council.
What you can apply for
You can apply for:
- interstate net touring costs, including freight, transport, accommodation and travel allowances outside of your home state
- a contribution towards tour coordination expenses.
What you can’t apply for
You can’t apply for the following activity:
- touring costs in your home state (see FAQ regarding ‘home state’)
- projects where the performers and artistic personnel are not paid at Award rates
- projects that are to tour an international production
- touring projects that only include capital city or metropolitan presentations
- touring projects that do not include three or more interstate locations
- touring projects that only include presentations in schools
- tour dates that have already taken place
- projects with a budget in surplus
Please see the website for all the information