What are the Be Bold Performance Residencies?
Artists and arts organisations are invited to submit an application for the 2019 Be Bold Performance Residency.
The Be Bold Performance Residency provides a professional development, creative development and presentation space for artists and arts organisations to make and present new work with and for the local community.
The Be Bold Performance Residency Program supports:
1) Process-driven arts practice and risk taking in making new, contemporary performance work;
2) Artistic and career development for artists and arts organisations;
3) Increased community reach and engagement;
4) Development of new, local audiences;
5) Work that is reflective of the cultural identity of Brimbank; and
6) Artistic merit in the presentation of new work that positions the Bowery as a place that nurtures bold ideas and shares them with the community.
There are two residency categories based on the applicant’s stage of career development and project proposal.
1. Be Bold Creative Residencies for Mid-Career or Established Artists or Arts Organisations. Up to two residencies will be awarded.
2. Be Bold Creative Residencies for Emerging Artists or Arts Organisations usually considered within the first five years of their arts practice or establishment). Up to four residencies will be awarded.
What’s on offer?
For the mid-career or established artists of arts organisations category, up to $5,000 cash contribution will be awarded per residency.
For the emerging artist or arts organisation category, up to $2,000 cash contribution will be awarded per residency. This is to cover artist fees, trainer/mentor fees, production costs, marketing and administration costs (no more than 10% of the cash contribution).
In addition, the following support will be available to successful applicants, with agreement of the Bowery Executive Producer:
• Co-presentation of the residency’s performance outcome
• 50/50 box office split on ticketed presentations
• Up to $2,000 in kind technical and front of house staff support
• Two full, consecutive days access to the Bowery Theatre (rehearsal and/or performance) and up to 3 additional rehearsal in the Bowery throughout the residency
• Up to 80 hours in community spaces (for example 1 x 4 hour session per week for 20 weeks) based on availability
• Bowery staff / producer / marketing support
• Print and online marketing commensurate with Bowery mainstage programming
Applications open: 1 April 2019
Information session / venue tour: 15 April 2019, 6pm – please RSVP to email@example.com
Applications close: 5pm 30 April 2019
Decisions announcement: May 2019
Agreements finalised; first payment: May 2019
Progress report; second payment: October 2019
To find out more and apply visit https://bowerystacc.com.au/residencies/