The Live Music Venue Support program supports Queensland-based live music venues with a track record in presenting original live music that have been significantly impacted by COVID-19.
The program is part of the Queensland Government's Arts and Cultural Recovery Package of $22.5 million over two years to stabilise Queensland’s arts companies, secure employment for artists and arts workers and deliver COVID-safe cultural experiences for Queensland audiences.
- Relieve immediate cost pressures for live music venues at a time that operation is curtailed
- Support employment of venue staff, technical crew and artists
- Ensure live music venues are in a strong position to safely resume full operations as and when restrictions are lifted
- Support the current and future viability of Queensland’s live music venues
- Up to $15,000 for small venues (up to 499 pax.)
- up to $25,000 for large venues (Over 500 pax.)
- be based in Queensland
- meet the definition for a live music venue: a business whose primary function is to program or host original live music.
- provide evidence of regular original live music programming over the last 12 months
- have been highly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and associated shutdown and restrictions.
Additional eligibility criteria apply. See Live Music Venue Support guidelines for a full list of eligibility requirements.
How to apply
Applications open: 3 July 2020
Applications close: when funding allocation is exhausted
- Read the Live Music Venue Support documents: guidelines (DOCX) (332.09 KB) and frequently asked questions (DOCX) (320.92 KB)
- Apply online
Online submission through SmartyGrants is Arts Queensland's preferred method for receiving application forms and outcome reports for our funding programs.
If circumstances prevent you from providing your application or outcome report in this format please contact an Arts Investment Officer on (07) 3034 4016 or toll free 1800 175 53, or email email@example.com.