The Live Music Australia program will provide support to the live music sector, with a focus on small to medium venues that support high quality original Australian live music that is professionally staged. It aims to revive business ventures in local suburbs, towns and regions across the country, building capacity for a sustainable live music scene with strong community roots, in all parts of Australia. The first year of funding is aimed at preparing live music venues to become operational following the impacts of COVID-19 on the industry.
The program will:
• support the development, growth and innovation of Australian contemporary live music by increasing performance opportunities for original contemporary music by Australian artists
• support a sustainable venue-based live music industry by building professional capacity within venues
• support partnerships, collaboration and networks across the Australian live music industry.
The grant program will run from 1 July 2020 to 30 June 2024, with $5 million available per year. The maximum grant amount is $100,000.
To be eligible for funding, applicants must:
• have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
• be registered for the purposes of GST (if applicable)
• be a permanent resident of Australia
• have an account with an Australian financial institution
• comply with all regulatory, industry and legal requirements in relation to copyright, licensing and employment
and be one of the following entity types:
• a company incorporated in Australia
• a company incorporated by guarantee
• A sole trader with employees
• an incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust
• an incorporated association
• a partnership
• a not-for-profit organisation
• an Australian local government body
• an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Corporation registered under the Corporations (Aboriginal and /or Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006 .
Grant Activity Timeframe:
Funding is available for projects commencing from July 2021
Total Amount Available (AUD):
Estimated Grant Value (AUD):
From $5,000.00 to $100,000.00
Instructions for Application Submission: