We’re backing the Australian music industry with a grant program valued at $1,000,000
Australians love music. In fact, on average, more Australians attend live music gigs each year than sporting events. Yet despite this, small music venues, often the training grounds for emerging artists, have witnessed a steady decline in patrons and some have shut down all together.
Through The American Express Music Backers Grant Program we’ll provide a boost to the Australian music industry and the fans that support it so we can play our part to help it thrive for many more years to come.
Over the next 12 months we’re committing to support the Australian music industry by giving music venues, business, artists and fans the opportunity to share in a grant program valued at $1million.
We’ll back venues, we’ll back music businesses, we’ll back artists and we’ll back fans.
How it works
There are two ways in which American Express will provide $1 million worth of backing to the Australian music industry.
1. You can submit an application to be considered across one of three categories:
a. You have a Music Venue or Business
b. You are an Artist or Band
c. You’re a Music Fan!
Once you have decided which category you would like to submit an application for, select the relevant form using the drop down menu at the base of this page, and fill in all of the details.
2. American Express will be on the look-out for initiatives we identify as needing support. You aren’t able to enter this category, so we’ll be surprising some lucky businesses and artists!
If you’re submitting an application, you’re the expert on how we can best back you so we want to hear your ideas! If you need inspiration, we have some thought starters….
Music Venue or Business Category
- Venue upgrade to refurbish the band stage, sound equipment or interiors
- Business mentoring
- Marketing support to boost your brand and get customers in the door
- Starting a business? Budding promoters, artist managers, venue operators, music photographers
Artist or Band Category
- Industry introductions to agents, labels, producers or promoters
- Financial support or expertise: Recording studio time, Music video production, instruments, transport, marketing, graphic design for album cover
- Education Sessions: Industry mentorships, info sessions – how to book a gig, streaming info
- Getting your name out there: Performance opportunities, Support act for major touring artist, Artist Showcases
Music Fan Category
- Tickets to gigs
- Travel expenses to gigs
- VIP experiences
Applications for the American Express Music Backers Grant Program are now open!
Recipients will be announced monthly. To be considered for each monthly selection, please ensure you have submitted your application by the following dates:
Submissions close: 11.59pm AEST 30 June 2018.
Recipients notified: from 18 July 2018
Submissions Open: 12am AEST 1 July 2018, and then the first day every month following until 1 May 2019
Submissions Close: 11.59pm on the last day of every month until 31 May 2019
Recipients announced: Dates will be posted here each month
*Please note all submissions remain valid until 31 May 2019. Only successful recipients will be contacted.
Final submissions close 11.59pm AEST 31 May 2019
For more information click here.