Wide Angle Residency... the keys to the Wide Angle Screen Centre for up to three months to work on your screen venture.
Download the Application and Guidelines here
Applications must be emailed to email@example.com by 10am Mon Dec 2, 2019
The Wide Angle Residency provides Tasmanian screen practitioners with the opportunity to concentrate on their screen project or screen business for a period of between one and three months. This “gift of time” will allow filmmakers to work without distraction to break new ground and progress their screen venture. The Wide Angle Residency provides a home base, resources and facilities for individuals or teams of screen practitioners.
What’s on offer:
- Free office space at Wide Angle Screen Centre (6 Washington Street, South Hobart - includes electricity, water and Wi-Fi).
- Free access to the studio/cinema, meeting room, common areas and WAT Film Kit (negotiated at application)
Applications are now open for Residencies for the next block of three months for 2020. Applicants should nominate their preferred length for the residency (one, two or three months) and start date – no earlier than December 2.
Applications Open: Now
Applications due: December 2, 2019
Notification: December 6, 2019
Available Residency dates: Any period between Jan 6 and March 27, 2020
This initiative is open to all Tasmanian screen practitioners wishing to advance a project, enterprise or business that contributes to a vibrant, diverse and renewable screen culture.
- All applicants must be permanent residents of Tasmania who are financial WAT members.
Applications can be downloaded from our website www.wideangle.org.auand are due 10am Mon December 2, 2019 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You are welcome to visit the Wide Angle Screen Centre to check out the space available and discuss the terms and conditions in more detail with Wide Angle Tasmania staff.
IF YOU ARE SELECTED FOR WIDE ANGLE RESIDENCY…
What do we expect?
- A clear goal to be achieved by the end of the Residency. This may include completion of a script, editing a screen project, launch of a screen business or screen product etc. This outcome will be shared with the Wide Angle Tasmania community at the end of the Residency (the nature of how the outcome will be shared will be negotiated with the residents).
- All applicants must be current WAT members throughout the Residency period
- Short video testimonial (under 3mins) and 50-100 word written testimonial of the value of the residency within a week of completing the residency
- A copy of any film on DVD and stills (if a screen work is produced)
- Logo credit/bio acknowledgement (as negotiated)
- Contribution to a WAT programme during the Residency (eg. Taking stills at an event, filming an interview etc. – to be negotiated at the time of offer, based on the skill set of those involved)
- An agreement will be made with Residents that outlines the expectations of all parties