The CBR Screen Fund is delivered by Screen Canberra whose remit is to support and grow the local Australian Capital Territory (ACT) screen industry. The Fund is a multipurpose, strategic fund that seeks projects, opportunities and partners that can best meet the objectives and criteria of the Fund.
The Fund partners on the development, production and marketing of high quality feature films, television series and other screen projects from ACT practitioners or interstate/international practitioners that have significant Canberra elements and benefit, are capable of reaching local and international audiences and delivering commercial success.
- Contribute to the growth and sustainability of Canberra’s screen industry
- Contribute to the profile of Canberra nationally and internationally
- Demonstrate a significant local economic impact
- Return of capital to the fund
Types of Funding
- Late stage development (with market attachment)
- Equity, debt and structured funding
- P&A funding
- Enterprise funding
- Proposed ACT spend relative to the requested funding;
- Project’s economic, cultural and creative benefits to the ACT;
- Creative quality and readiness of the project to go into production;
- Market potential of the project;
- Track record or potential of the applicant; and
- Proposed use of ACT talent, personnel, services, facilities and locations.
How to Apply
Before applying for the opening round of the CBR Screen Fund please contact the Fund Manager first to discuss your project after reviewing the funding Guidelines.
Funding Round #7 OPEN
Applications for Round 7 close Monday 3 February at 5pm. The Assessment Committee Meeting is scheduled for shortly after that, and applicants will be advised of the outcome shortly thereafter.
CBR Screen Fund at a glance
Download the Guidelines
Definitions of Qualifying ACT Expenditure
Download the CBR Screen Fund Definitions of Qualifying ACT Expenditure
Sophie – Senior Manager
(02) 6162 5173
Production Funding Archive
Watch our CBR Screen Fund Launch video