A chance for a Gold Coast resident to get behind the scenes of HOTA.
The successful candidate will be given an invaluable opportunity to gain insight and hands-on experience on the inner workings of various HOTA departments, work with the team members on a range of administrative tasks, and assist in the delivery of events from a Technical and Operational perspective.
The role of Technical Department Administrator would best suit someone with strong administrative skills who already has some experience in the Technical, Operational or Production sector OR someone who is looking to get into these areas and has transferable skills.
To be successful in the placement, the candidate will:
- Have a genuine interest in the behind the scenes running of a technical department
- Be confident in both your written and verbal communication skills to learn through enquiry and task-based activities and
- Be a self-starter
The Attachment includes 4 key areas of opportunity:
1. ‘A Day in the Life’: An opportunity to interact with various internal operational stakeholders at HOTA in an ‘on the job’ setting. This will be done through a variety of scheduled activities (eg.) ‘shadowing’ key senior team members; taking minutes for the monthly tech/facilities meeting; sitting in on a client facing production meeting etc.
2. Planning and scheduling: Working with the Technical Operations Manager, you will gain hands on experience with the administrative tasks and planning required to successfully maintain department assets.
3. Policy and procedures: Working closely with the Technical Operations Manager, you will work on compiling a one-stop pack of up to date reference material for daily use by the department. This will include working with people across various departments, reviewing existing documentation and providing your own input where relevant.
4. Onsite event delivery: Shadow and assist HOTA event team members where required to deliver on-site events. The type of events and your role will depend on your availability, skills, experience and areas of interest.
All participants need to be Gold Coast residents over 18, have relevant experience and be keen to work with one of our host organisations to help develop their career.
To find out more about the specific role and host organisation, go to https://www.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/professional-attachment-program-resources-53614.html
To apply, go to https://goldcoast.smartygrants.com.au/professionalattachment2020round2
About HOTA, Home of the Arts
Surrounded by parklands and a lake with Surfers Paradise as the backdrop, HOTA, Home of the Arts is the Gold Coast’s home for live performances, lake-side strolls, star-gazing, cinema-watching, art and new-ideas.
With more than 680,000 visitors a year and a packed program of events, HOTA is a vibrant arts precinct where no two days are the same.
And there’s so much more to come. Behind the scenes we’re getting ready to open the brand new $60 million HOTA Gallery in early 2021. The Gallery will change how the world sees the Gold Coast with blockbuster exhibitions of a scale never seen here before.