Our new place and industry grants seek to promote local neighbourhoods, connect businesses to opportunities, grow business skills and knowledge and help businesses to effectively advocate on key issues.
These grants specifically support local economic development initiatives so Sydney businesses can be more productive and competitive in the global marketplace.
Who can apply
Not-for-profit organisations (incorporated associations only), including local chambers of commerce and industry associations.
Suitable projects for funding
Project can contribute to one or more of these outcomes:
- increase awareness of local business offerings and experiences
- increase footfall, patrons and spending in local retail precincts
- improve access to industry information
- upskilling and network opportunities for local businesses
- strengthen advocacy by local chambers of commerce and precinct associations.
How much you can apply for
Funding is for up to 2 years and the funding level for each project will be considered from the total pool of available funds.
We will match cash with:
- in-kind contributions such as donated supplies, materials or services
- volunteering time such as labour, set up and pack down
- meeting time to identify, plan and implement projects
- direct cash input to the project through donations or income generated
- funds raised through other sources.
What you need to show
As well as demonstrating the contributions you will make to the project, you need to show:
- opportunity, need or demand for the project
- capacity and experience to undertake the project, including secured partnerships, marketing/promotional plans and any required approvals
- commitment, capacity and plans to continue the initiative, if successful, without further support from the City of Sydney.
Planning and evaluating your project
At the application stage, it's important to consider how you will measure the success of your project.
We will be taking a consistent approach to evaluate all local economic development initiatives. We recommend you refer to the standard performance measures that relate to the place and industry grants.
There is 1 grant round a year that opens in February.
How you can apply
Our grants and sponsorship programs are competitive. Please read our grants and sponsorship guidelinesbefore you apply.
We encourage you to attend an information session with us before applying.
Contact the grants team to discuss your application:
02 9265 email@example.com