In the interests of community safety the City of Melbourne has suspended the CUTHS program until further notice. Applications for events taking place in the 2019-20 year have closed. Applications for events taking place in 2020-21 are open, however new applications will not be processed until CUTHS is reinstated. At this stage we do not know when the program will be reinstated. However, if you submit an application we will advise when this happens.
Not-for-profit community organisations play a critical role in empowering the local community to take action and have an active role in shaping their future. The City of Melbourne supports not-for-profit organisations whose work in the community enriches the municipality by providing programs and activities that improve people’s quality of life.
CUTHS has a focus on local and vulnerable people.
To be eligible for CUTHS your organisation must be:
- a not-for-profit constituted organisation
- based in the City of Melbourne or provide services or benefits to the local community or Melbourne as a capital city.
Events that are not eligible
CUTHS is provided specifically to support one-off or special events that community organisations are conducting. Events that are not eligible for CUTHS include events that are:
- solely political (party/electoral)
- religious (except for those promoting interfaith activities)
- ongoing or recurring meetings.
Sponsorship of events that have been funded through other City of Melbourne programs, activities, grant and sponsorship programs, or through an existing funding agreement with the City of Melbourne will not be considered.
Applications for CUTHS cannot be made after events have taken place.
For full details about Community Use of Town Halls, including the assessment criteria and other necessary information, read the guidelines.
Download the guidelines:
How to apply
- Contact the relevant venue staff to check availability and suitability of venues and to answer your questions.
- If the venue is suitable and available, make a tentative booking and you will receive a formal written quote.
- Read through all the guidelines before filling in the application form.
- Complete all sections of the application form and attach a copy of the quote with your application. Applications will not be considered if they do not have an accompanying quote.
For information about venues including availability, please contact venue staff directly: