A dynamic and well-resourced arts sector is central to a culturally rich, vibrant and innovative society. The Foundation is interested in enhancing the calibre and capacity of the arts sector and supporting excellent organisations to raise the bar of aspiration and achievement.
We encourage all organisations to apply regardless of their size or location in Australia. In the case of smaller organisations, a grant can be for small amounts over multiple years.
- To support first-rate artistic institutions and organisations in metropolitan and regional Australia which are distinctive in artistic achievement, imagination and innovation in fostering development across a sector or art form.
- To support such institutions to host artists in high-calibre professional development and/or leadership opportunities of at least 12 months (e.g. fellowships, apprenticeships, mentorships, internships).
Good to know:
- Speak with the Arts Program Manager before preparing an Expression of Interest (EOI).
- The minimum grant amount is $100,000 and grants are usually multi-year.
- Proposals that are collaborative and/or share knowledge with the broader sector are encouraged.
- The Ian Potter Foundation rarely awards the full amount of any project. Please ensure that you have alternative providers of funding, and that your application clearly considers any possible grant from the Foundation in this context.
Expression of Interest opens:
4 November 2019
Image: Dancenorth A.R.T. Indigenous Cross-Artform Residency Artist Zane Saunders. Photo credit: Robert Crispe.