Charters Towers Regional Council is committed to assisting not-for-profit community organisations to deliver activities/programs/services of an artistic, cultural, recreational, sporting or other community related pursuit by providing grants in an equitable and accountable manner. Council has adopted a formal policy, the Community Grants Policy, and an application process to guide achievement of the objectives.
Applications that have the greatest demonstrated benefit to the communities of the Charters Towers Region and which support the goals expressed within the Charters Towers Regional Council Corporate Plan (PDF) and Community Plan – Our Region Our Future 2035 (PDF) will be considered favourably.
Applications for Round 2, 2019/2020 will open on Friday 1 November, 2019 and will close on Friday, 29 November 2019 for projects/events/services occurring January - June 2020.
Applicants must meet all of the following:
- Be a not for profit, incorporated community organisation
- Hold a current public liability insurance certificate to a value of not less than $10 million
- Be located and operate within the Charters Towers Region, and benefit the communities of the Charters Towers Region
- Not operate or benefit from gaming machines
- Not be a Political party
- Not be a State and Commonwealth Government agency with the exception of school award nights
- Have no overdue debt to Council
- Have not received funding through this Programme more than twice in the four (4) years prior to the application round (commencing Round 1 2017/2018)
- Have attended training opportunities provided by Council associated with event management if funding request is event related
- Have acquitted all Community Grants received from Council.
Should you require assistance with your application or further information, Contact Council on 07 4761 5300.