Our night-time diversification grant supports new events and activities to help your business attract customers in the evenings.
This grant supports your business to trial new evening events and activities that add to your regular daytime services.
Who can apply
The program is open to not-for-profit organisations, for-profit organisations or social enterprises operating in the City of Sydney local area.
What you can apply for
You can apply for up to $30,000 matched cash funding for projects. This means if your project is successful we will match what you spend over the course of the project dollar-for-dollar up to $30,000.
What the funding covers
The funding will support you to extend your trading hours by programming activities and events at your business.
All business types can apply for funds, so we encourage you to get creative with your ideas.
What you need to show
- Demonstrated opportunity, need or demand for the project.
- Demonstrated cash commitment to support any safety or precinct amenity provisions (such as lighting, security and cameras) so the activity is safe for patrons, staff and the community
- Capacity and experience to undertake the project, how you plan to promote your activities and any required approvals.
- Commitment, capacity and plans to continue the activities and later trading, initiative, if successful, after grant funding has finished without further support from the City of Sydney.
Evaluating your project
We will evaluate the success of projects funded under this grant using one or more of these measures:
- number of nights a week the business trades to 10pm
- number of activities/programs scheduled throughout the grant period
- % increase in turnover since extending trading hours
- % increase in customer base due to the activities supported by the grant.
There are 2 grant rounds a year.
Funding is available for 1 or 2 years only.
How you can apply
We encourage you to speak with City staff or make and appointment for a one-on-one information session before applying.
The City’s grants and sponsorship programs are competitive. Please read our grants and sponsorship guidelines before you apply.