Are you aged 12 - 26 and looking to develop skills and experience in your creative field? You can make new contacts, work with people in the industry and learn more about arts management by challenging yourself to build your own project from the ground up. Apply for a Drug Aware YCulture Metro Grant, secure up to $3000 and make your project idea a reality.
Key Funding Criteria
- There must be two key project organisers aged 12 -26 years.
- There must be as least 6 young people aged 12 -26 years directly involved in the project.
- The project must engage at least 100 indirect participants, that are predominantly youth, as participants or audience members.
- The project applicants need to come up with the project idea. We want to be sure that this is your idea and it’s something you want to do. Please do not allow anyone to fill in the application on your behalf.
- Your project must involve an experienced mentor to ensure you maximise your skill development.
- You must arrange to have an incorporated organisation act as an auspice on your project.
- All events and activities must be smoke, drug and alcohol free. This means that you are unable to use licensed venues as project venues.
- Drug Aware YCulture Metro will not fund projects that have already occurred.
- Your project must be occurring in the Perth metro area. There is a separate funding pool for projects happening regionally. This funding is called Drug Aware YCulture Regional and is run by Country Arts WA.
There will be five application intake rounds for 2019, this means that there are five opportunities for you to submit an application for assessment, across the year. They are as follows:
- Monday 17 December 2018, 5pm
- Monday 11 February 2019, 5pm
- Monday 29 April 2019, 5pm
- Monday 1 July 2019, 5pm
- Monday 9 September 2019, 5pm
How to apply
Applying for funding through the Drug Aware yculture Metro program is a three-step process. Once you have come up with an idea for a youth arts and culture project, it’s extremely important that you have read this information pack, fill in the online expression of interest form, and then our Project Development Officer will help guide you through the application form.
1. Download and read the Drug Aware YCulture Metro info pack
2. Complete ann online expression of interest form
3. Arrange a consultation meeting with Project Coordinator Cecile Vuaillat and complete the application form.
Extra information about your project
- All events and activities must be smoke, drug and alcohol free.
- Naming rights and strict branding acknowledgements apply to successfully funded projects.
- Drug Aware yculture Metro will not fund projects that have already occurred.
- The project cannot be a fundraising activity or have the awarding of prizes as its main focus.
- Curriculum-based or core school activities will generally not be supported.
- The grant does not generally cover camps, conferences or conventions.
- yculture Metro funding does not cover infrastructure or capital works costs.
- Projects already receiving Healthway funding are not eligible for Drug Aware yculture funding.
For more information please visit our website or contact Project Coordinator Cecile Vuaillat via email@example.com