Creative Spaces in collaboration with Sunshine Coast Council is excited to launch The Crows Nest Artist in Residence. Perched atop the Maroochy Sailing Club, the Crows Nest is a small space with views out across Maroochy River towards Mt Coolum. Situated on beautiful Chambers Island, accessed via a footbridge, this new creative studio could be yours, free for up to three months.
The space would suit writers, digital and fine artists and creatives with a lighter footprint. It can accomodate one person looking for inspiration and solitude or a collective of two looking to collaborate in paradise.
View the application form
To apply via the above form link, you will be asked to provide:
- A brief description of your practice
- Links to examples of your work
- Where do you currently practice?
- What is your connection to the Sunshine Coast?
- Why would you like access to The Crows Nest and what ideas would you like to explore here?
- How long (up to three months) would you intend to base yourself here?
- Do you have preferred timing?
EOI open year-round. Successful applicants will be notified.
A steering committee will convene quarterly to select residents.
In exhange for this space, you may be asked to contribute to a public outcome such as workshops, open studio, exhibition or interview.
THIS SPACE IS SUITABLE FOR
ARTS AND CRAFTEXHIBITIONSFILMINSTALLATIONJEWELLERYMUSIC / SOUNDNEW MEDIAPAINTINGPERFORMANCEPHOTOSHOOTSPROJECT SPACERESIDENCYSPOKEN WORDWORKSHOPS