Maroondah City Council's Arts and Cultural Grants Scheme supports a diverse and culturally rich Maroondah through community driven projects, initiatives and events that increase arts profile and participation. These initiatives may focus on a wide variety of art forms.
The Arts and Cultural Grants Scheme:
- increases community participation in arts and cultural activities
- enhances and celebrates local identity through high quality projects with artists and community
- builds and strengthens local networks within the Maroondah community and encourages partnerships and collaboration with community, business and Council
- strengthens the identity and profile of the arts in Maroondah through effective arts programming and marketing.
Arts and Cultural Grants Scheme Guidelines
The Arts and Cultural Grants Scheme Guidelines provide information on eligibility and assessment criteria, tips for completing grant applications, and funding conditions.
Download the Guidelines:
- be an incorporated community group with not-for-profit status or auspiced by an eligible organisation
- be located within, or servicing, the Maroondah Community
- maintain public liability insurance cover ($20 million minimum).
The following are not eligible:
- special events that show or in the past have shown significant profit
- projects that are part of the organisation’s annual or regular program activities, for example, end of year performance
- new building projects, capital works requests or facility maintenance projects
- fundraising activities
- multiple applications
- funding to individuals.
Council assess your application by considering the information you provide in your application form. The assessment criteria section is extremely important. Projects do not have to address all the listed criteria. Please only address those criteria relevant to your project.
Projects that increase participation, encourage volunteering, provide leadership opportunities and increase learning and skill development.
New initiatives or the expansion of an existing service that will address a clearly identified community need or opportunity and contribute to improved well-being.
Funding for community groups that provide help, advice or support to a specific population group who share a common experience.
The Arts and Cultural Grant proposal must also meet 2 or more of the following criteria:
- supports a diverse and culturally rich Maroondah through community driven projects, initiatives and events that increase the profile and participation in the arts
- involves the participation of a skilled artist/s or arts worker who is suitable to the desired outcomes of the project
- supports further creative development of existing activities with new and innovative approaches and activities.
Monday 29 April
Closing date for all applications
May/June Assessment process
Late June Notification of outcomes
Wednesday 17 July Grants presentation evening
Saturday 31 May, 2020
Final day for submission of 2019/2020 Grant Acquittal/Evaluation Report
For further information on the Arts and Cultural Grants Scheme please contact Council’s Arts and Cultural Development Officer on 9298 4537 or firstname.lastname@example.org