Australia Council Fellowships of $80,000 support outstanding, established artists’ creative activity and professional development for a period of up to two years.
Please read through the following grant guidelines. If you need help with your application, contact a Grants Officer now.
The Australia Council offers one grant round each year for Fellowships. Fellowships will close on Tuesday 4 June 2019.
Each round closes at midnight on the closing date.
Technical and administrative support will not be available after 5pm on the closing date.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application approximately 12 weeks after the closing date.
Who can apply
Only individuals may apply to this category. You must be a practicing artist or arts worker and an Australian citizen or an Australian permanent resident.
Applications for funding to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander panel must come from Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander individuals.
Who can’t apply
You can’t apply for a grant if:
- you received a grant, or administered a grant, from the Australia Council in the past and that grant has not been satisfactorily acquitted
- you owe money to the Australia Council
- you received an Australia Council Fellowship awarded by any board or committee of the Australia Council since 1996 (excludes Australia Council Fellowships for Early Career Artists 2012-16, Australia Council Fellowships for Established Artists 2012-16, and Music Project Fellowships 2007-2014)
- you have already made three applications to categories listed under Australia Council Grant Programs this calendar year (funding proposals submitted to categories under Other Grants and Opportunities are not counted as one of your three applications).
We will not accept applications from legally constituted organisations or partnerships in this category.
What you can apply for
You can apply for a range of different activity over the Fellowship period. Some examples of the activities we fund are:
- the creation of new work
- research and development
- skills development
- professional development and training
What you cannot apply for
You cannot apply for the following activity:
- projects or activities that do not involve or benefit practicing artists or arts workers
- projects or activities that do not have a clearly defined arts component
- projects that have already taken place.
Australia Council Fellowships are awarded in the areas of:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Arts
- Community Arts and Cultural Development
- Emerging and Experimental Arts
- Visual Arts.
Your application will be assessed by a peer panel made up of area of practice experts in the area you have selected.
For more Info: Click Here