Our Arts Projects program funds a range of activities that deliver benefits to the arts sector and wider public, including national and international audiences. Organisations that undertake arts programs, projects or that provide services to artists are welcome to apply. Grants are available from $10,000 to $100,000. Supported activities must last no longer than 2 years from the proposed start date.
Please read through the following grant guidelines. If you need help with your application, contact a Grants Officer now.
The Australia Council offers three grant rounds each year for this category.
In 2019, the grant rounds will close on:
- Tuesday 5 February for projects starting after 1 May 2019.
- Tuesday 4 June for projects starting after 1 September 2019.
- Tuesday 1 October for projects starting after 1 January 2020.
Each round closes at midnight on the closing date.
Technical and administrative support will not be available after 5pm on the closing date.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application approximately 12 weeks after the closing date.
Who can apply
Only organisations may apply to this category. Organisations that provide a service to the arts are welcome to apply. International organisations can apply for projects that benefit practicing Australian artists or their work.
Applications for funding to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander panel must come from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander organisations.
Who can’t apply
You can’t apply for a grant if:
- you received a grant, or administered a grant, from the Australia Council in the past and that grant has not been satisfactorily acquitted
- you owe money to the Australia Council
- you have already made three applications to categories listed under Australia Council Grant Programs this calendar year (funding proposals submitted to categories under Other Grants and Opportunities are not counted as one of your three applications)
- you are a Major Performing Arts organisation
Four Year Funding for Organisations applicants and recipients
- If you are an organisation applying for Four Year Funding in 2019, please be aware that this application will count as one of your applications to the Australia Council grants program for the 2019 calendar year.
- If you are an organisation currently receiving Four Year Funding, please be aware that you can make only one application to the Australia Council grants program per calendar year.
We fund a range of activities, for example:
- the creation of new work
- arts practice based research
- creative development
- professional skills development
- services to develop the arts sector
- promotion and marketing
- market development activity.
What can’t be applied for
You can’t apply for the following activity:
- projects or activities that do not involve or benefit practicing artists or arts workers
- projects or activities that do not have a clearly defined arts component
- projects that have already taken place.
For more Info: Click Here