Our Arts Projects program funds a range of activities that deliver benefits to the arts sector and wider public, including national and international audiences. Grants are available from $10,000 to $50,000. Supported activities must last no longer than three years from the proposed start date.
Please read through the following grant guidelines.
Easy English is specifically designed to make sense to people who have difficulty reading and understanding English. Easy English combines text and images to convey information simply and directly. You can find an Easy English version of the guidelines for this grant here.
You can find a case study of a recently-awarded Arts Project grant here. If you need help with your application, contact a Grants Officer now.
The Australia Council offers three grant rounds each year for this category.
In 2019, the grant rounds will close on:
- Tuesday 5 February for projects starting after 1 May 2019.
- Tuesday 4 June for projects starting after 1 September 2019.
- Tuesday 1 October for projects starting after 1 January 2020.
Each round closes at midnight on the closing date.
Technical and administrative support will not be available after 5pm on the closing date.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application approximately 12 weeks after the closing date.
Who can apply
Only individuals and groups may apply to this category. You must be a practicing artist or arts worker and an Australian citizen or an Australian permanent resident.
Applications for funding to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Arts panel must come from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander individuals or groups.
Who can’t apply
You can’t apply for a grant if:
- you received a grant, or administered a grant, from the Australia Council in the past and that grant has not been satisfactorily acquitted
- you owe money to the Australia Council
- you have already made three applications to categories listed under Australia Council Grant Programs this calendar year (funding proposals submitted to categories under Other Grants and Opportunities are not counted as one of your three applications)
We will not accept applications from legally constituted organisations in this category.
What can be applied for
We fund a range of activities, for example:
- the creation of new work
- practice based research
- creative development
- promotion and marketing
- market development activity
What can’t be applied for
You can’t apply for the following activity:
- projects or activities that do not involve or benefit practicing artists or arts workers
- projects or activities that do not have a clearly defined arts component
- projects that have already taken place.
For more Info: Click Here