The Helpmann Academy Creative Innovator Program is an exciting new opportunity that will help you turn your idea for a product or service into a profitable creative enterprise.
The program is open to individual creatives or small groups with either an existing project or a burgeoning idea. You’ll receive training and support in a creative, nurturing environment and have the chance to pitch for significant cash funding.
Over a 6-month period you will take part in a tailored program designed to develop your business model and entrepreneurial mindset. You’ll receive skills development and mentoring in key areas such as:
- The feasibility of your product or service
- Business planning – strategy and budgeting
- Networking and audience development
- Pitching and presentation
- Branding and marketing
- Goal setting and evaluation
You’ll be matched one-on-one with an established arts practice mentor, specifically chosen to suit your practice. They’ll provide individual encouragement and advice to support you through the program. You’ll also receive comprehensive support from the Helpmann Academy.
- Workshops and masterclasses
You’ll attend workshops and masterclasses delivered by leading business professionals in the areas of entrepreneurship, strategic planning, finance, legal, marketing and branding, and funding.
- Industry Experts
You’ll have access to a pool of industry experts and business advisors.
You’ll get a workspace in a co-working environment with access to meeting spaces, kitchen and Wi-Fi.
- Funding and pitching opportunities
On completion of the program you will receive seed funding of $2,000, plus an opportunity to pitch your enterprise for further core funding to help accelerate your idea to market.
- Group networking
Network with other program participants and industry leaders to receive feedback and support and develop your contacts.
At the end of this program you’ll have:
- An increased capacity to thrive in the (post) COVID-19 world
- Confidence in your own ability to create and sustain a creative business
- A network of supportive creative and corporate connections from across a broad range of sectors
- A comprehensive plan that will support your enterprise moving beyond the program
- A developed understanding of your target market and innovative ways to reach them
- A developed brand and professional pitch
- An in‐depth understanding of the varying aspects of building and growing a small business
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
Emerging creatives who are graduates from an eligible program at one of Helpmann Academy’s partner institutions.
We’re looking for creatives working in the following fields:
- Animation/game design
- Film and Media
- Visual arts and design
- Theatre and dance
Applications open: Friday 30 October 2020
Applications close: Monday 14 December 2020 at 9:00am (ACDT)
Program runs from March-August 2021, see information for applicants for details
For more information see the information for applicants, or contact Helpmann Academy at firstname.lastname@example.org
The 2021 Helpmann Academy Creative Innovator Program is generously supported by Arts South Australia