Arts Activities funding is available to ACT-based artists at all stages of their careers and to organisations providing the Canberra community with opportunities to engage in the arts. It supports artists, groups and arts organisations to undertake a broad range of activities including artform-based projects, mentorships, residencies, professional or skills development and opportunities for the community to actively engage in the arts.
Activities can relate to dance, literature, music, theatre, visual arts and cross-arts activities. Please note government support for the screen sector is provided through Screen Canberra and all activities relating to screen or film should apply to Screen Canberra.
Funded activities must strongly meet one or more of the following aims:
- Arts Development
- Arts Participation and Access
- Arts Opportunities
Arts Activities Funding is available through two categories:
- Up to $5k Funding: is open all year round.
Up to $5k for smaller projects, available all year round.
- Requests can be from $500 to $5,000. Given high demand for limited funds, requests for $5,000 need to be exceptional.
- Applications can be made at any time but must be submitted at least six weeks before the activity start date.
- Applications are assessed by artsACT staff. External peers may be consulted if required.
- Applicants can only receive funding in this category once each calendar year, except in exceptional circumstances.
- Applicants may also apply to the $5-50k category, for a different activity or another stage of the Up to $5k activity.
How to Apply
Applications to both categories must be submitted via the online artsACT grants portal.
Applicants are encouraged to read the Arts Activities Handbook.
We encourage all applicants to speak with artsACT staff before making an application. Please also contact us to discuss any accessibility requirements you may have. You can either phone us on 6207 2384 or email artsACT@act.gov.au
We also have two videos about Arts Activities Funding: