The Next Level Regional Grants support young and emerging regional artists and arts workers aged between 18 and 26.
The Next Level Regional Grant is intended to support young emerging artists and arts workers, to undertake a self-directed program that builds their capacity to develop and sustain a career in regional Western Australia.
Next Level Regional Grants of up to $7,500 support creative activity and professional development for a period of one year. This may include but is not limited to the creation of new work, collaborations, professional development and training, residencies. You are encouraged to consider including a mentoring component in your project.
All art forms are eligible including but not limited to visual arts, theatre, dance, writing, music, film, new media and cultural projects.
- Next Level Regional Grants will close 5pm, Thursday 27 May 2021.
- The eligible activity period is 1 July 2021 until 30 June 2022.
- The Regional Arts WA Project Officer may provide feedback on one draft per applicant if requested providing drafts are submitted by Friday 14 May 2021.
How to apply
When you have your project idea the next step is:
- Read the Next Level Regional Grant Guidelines to check eligibility and grant criteria.
- Make contact with the Regional Arts WA Project Officer, Hannah Chambers via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), on 1800 811 883 (regional freecall) or 08 9200 6210 to let us know you are planning to apply and the project activities you are planning.
- Start your application online through Smartygrants.
- Download and email your drafted application to the Regional Arts WA Project Officer for review before you submit your final application.
As an entry level grants program for young and emerging artists, Regional Arts WA will support applicants through the application process, providing advice and feedback throughout the process.