Maribyrnong City Council’s new Triennial Arts Partner Funding (2020-2023) is NOW OPEN!
Arts, cultural or heritage organisations based in Maribyrnong who have a strong track record of producing high quality work and engaging the community in a significant way are encouraged to apply for Council’s new Triennial Arts Partner Funding. Professionally staffed arts organisations may apply for up to $40,000 per year. Volunteer-run arts, cultural or heritage organisations may apply for up to $15,000 per year.
Maribyrnong City Council provides financial and in-kind support to the local arts and cultural sector through subsidised Council-owned arts facilities, programs and funding to support the operations of key organisations. Triennial Arts Partner Funding is designed to:
- Provide multi-year organisational funding to significant arts, cultural or heritage organisations in the City of Maribyrnong.
- Assist with their capacity to deliver programs that support local artists, build new audiences and increase participation in the arts by the community.
- Increase partnership opportunities for key arts organisations through leverage and strengthening financial viability for not-for-profit organisations.
- Enable forward planning for arts organisations with multi-year funding, reducing administrative processes and building organisational capacity.
- Increase creative outcomes in Maribyrnong and extend our local creative sector's marketing reach.
- Ensure that the outcomes of the Arts and Culture Strategy 2018-2023 are fully realised.
As an applicant to Maribyrnong Triennial Arts Funding, you must meet the Eligibility Criteria and demonstrate how your three year program contributes to achieving the Council Plan 2017-2021 priority areas and the actions of the Arts and Culture Strategy 2018-2023. All applications are assessed by a peer panel of industry representatives to ensure a robust and fair process.
Applications close 12pm midday Monday 10 August 2020. No late applications can be accepted.
To support this initiative, Council will be offering:
Triennial Arts Partners Information Session
Wednesday 15 July, 3-4.30pm (delivered online) - RSVP here
Local Sector Capacity Building Workshops
Workshop 1: Pitches and Partners (building sustainability), Monday 20 July, 3-5pm (delivered online) - RSVP here
Workshop 2: Developing a Strategic Plan, Wednesday 22 July, 3-5pm (delivered online) - RSVP here