The City of Hobart owns properties including open bushland, heritage spaces, and littleknown underground venues. Moody basements, ornate ballrooms and open parklands are just some of the venues available for events. The City of Hobart is keen to see our venues used for your ideas and creative projects.
We also have event equipment and promotional opportunities that can help you. The City of Hobart provides funding to support community-based events that use Council venues, event equipment and civic promotions.
Funding of up to $1,000 is available to cover the fees and charges for the use of these assets.
$19,000 in total is available in this grant until 31 May 2021. Applications will be assessed on an ongoing basis and applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application with four weeks of their application being submitted. As soon as the funding pool has been fully allocated the grant round will close.
We are looking to support events that:
- Support the City in meeting the goals by aligning to the Capital City Strategic Plan.
- Benefit the community by addressing a need or interest
- Activate, enliven and engage local areas and facilities by producing innovative, high quality, creative festival and event outcomes and enhancing the image of the City as a vibrant place to live, work and visit.
- Encourage the community to participate in the development and delivery of the event.
- Enable all community members to have the opportunity and capacity to access the event.
To discuss your project proposal please contact the Grants Officer on 03 6238 2132 or firstname.lastname@example.org.