The City of Victor Harbor is committed to the cultivation of a vibrant community culture. One way in which the Council supports and facilitates arts and cultural activities is through the Art and Culture Grant Program.
Through this program, the City of Victor Harbor seeks to:
- Support and provide opportunities for arts and cultural organisations, groups, collectives and individuals to deliver innovative creative arts and cultural activities;
- Increase community participation in arts and cultural activities;
- Strengthen the identity and profile of the arts in Victor Harbor;
- Facilitate activities that contribute to public spaces and/or promote cultural vitality, creativity and connection within the city.
Applications will only be considered from:
- Not-for-profit community groups or organisations that are based within Victor Harbor; or
- Not-for-profit community groups or organisations that are NOT based within Victor Harbor but whose proposed project will primarily impact upon residents in Victor Harbor.
- Individual artist(s) who are residents of Victor Harbor.
The Art and Culture Grant Program is highly competitive and the City of Victor Harbor can receive more funding applications than it can support. The success of an application is determined by its merits against the below assessment criteria and in competition with other application received for this program. Applications that meet eligibility and assessment criteria are not guaranteed funding.
Innovative arts practice
The project will result in an innovative art practice that will build the art and cultural identity of Victor Harbor.
Cultivate a Vibrant Community Culture
The project will cultivate a vibrant community culture in Victor Harbor.
Impact on the Victor Harbor Community
The project has a clearly defined benefit and will contribute positively to the Victor Harbor community and will result in more people experiencing and participating in the arts.
Budget and Planning
Applicant has provided a clear budget and planning material to evidence that the project / activity has a realistic chance of success.